Accounting & Office Management (d/f/m)
Part Time or Full Time (20-36h)
We are looking for an accounting and office manager to join our diverse team.
Are you collaborative and open-minded and on the lookout for your next challenge? Would you love to find a team where you can dedicate your skills to fight climate change and shape a more sustainable future?
We are a growing team at a sustainable tech startup developing solutions for a systemic change towards a circular economy. Our focus is in the textile industry, one of the biggest climate challenges. circular.fashion unifies an international team of fifteen people with interdisciplinary backgrounds of software engineering, textile, design, business and sustainability. You will have many opportunities for learning and creativity.
Your role & tasks
As an accounting and office manager you will be working closely with our founders and teams:
- Responsible for managing our relevant back-office activities such as accounting, expense management, processing reimbursements
- You are the point of contact for our external tax advisor
- Take care of administrative and reporting tasks related to our funding projects
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Organising meetings or company events as well as birthdays gifts for the team
- Ordering stationery and office supplies
- Help the founders and wider team to be as effective as possible by assisting in their travel schedules, bookings, etc.
- Be the liaison to our shared office community
- Organising onboarding for new employees including as well as preparation of contracts
- Organising offboarding for employers
- Writing references and delete existing accounts
Development of Internal Processes:
- Driving forward the continuous improvement of our accounting processes in line with our strategy and statutory requirements
- As we are still a young company there are also several opportunities to establish new processes for accounting, office management and beyond
Skills and experiences
- Business apprenticeship or a comparable qualification with 2+ years of professional experience in accounting and office management
- Based on your profound experiences with administrative business processes you feel confident in building up and optimising processes according to legal requirements
- You approach new challenges or gaps in structure with positivity and passion to proactively solve them by developing processes and clarity
- Open-minded, communicative, dedicated team player with a high sense of responsibility and ability to integrate with new teams quickly and adapt to changing processes.
- With your independent and structured way of working, you always have the next steps insight and the organisation of our office under control
- You have experience in taking care of budgets, making financial reports and enjoy working with numbers
- Experienced in using Google or MS-Office applications, esp. Excel/Google Sheets; Aptitude for learning new software
- As the good soul of the office, you enjoy supporting the team in various tasks so that we can achieve more together
- You are business fluent in written and spoken German (C2) and English (B2)
This position is open as soon as you can start. Compensation is defined by a fully transparent growth and reward framework that our team designed collaboratively and is calculated by a formula that depends on a combination of experience, level of responsibility, and tenure at circular.fashion. We are looking for a candidate who is available for at least 20 h per week, being able to spend some of the time in the office in Berlin Kreuzberg when needed. With the experience and responsibility intended for this position the salary range is 20.000-26.000€ yearly gross salary (for 20 h per week) with flexibility depending on several further factors of the framework.
Here are a few things that make us stand out as an organization:
Industry-leading: Closed loop recycling in the textile industry is very new, but is going through massive growth and will have a huge positive impact. Having been in the space for several years, many of the things we do in-house also influence EU-wide and global policies and standards. We also collaborate with universities in developing cutting edge technologies for the circular economy such as the crtx.ai project.
Impact-driven and independent: By further developing our software tools you are helping fashion companies from startups to some of the largest global fashion players such as Zalando and H&M to realize their transition towards a sustainable and circular business model. As we are completely self-owned and independent from investors, we can focus on maximizing impact.
Self-development: We’re a fast growing interdisciplinary team. There are plenty of opportunities for you to try on new responsibilities and there are loads of learning opportunities.
Interdisciplinary collaboration: We are open for everyone on the team to bring in skills and interests beyond their main role since we are convinced that interdisciplinary exchange brings out the best solutions.
Participation and transparency: We invite you to join team discussions on our strategy and contribute to shape the roadmap and the journey of our company. We’re also completely transparent about our budget and make collaborative decisions on how to use it.
Our team: You are surrounded by a highly motivated, collaborative and solutions-focused team.
Future: Together we shape the future of how we produce and consume to realise a positive vision for this world.
If you are interested in getting to know us please send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with your salary expectations and the earliest date you could start.
Do not hesitate to apply even if you don't fill all qualifications. We look forward to receiving your application!