We at circular.fashion develop sustainable IoT software solutions for a system change towards a circular economy. Our focus lies on the textile industry, one of the biggest climate challenges since it causes more tonnes of CO2e per year than all international flights and maritime shipping together.
circular.fashion is a young and growing organisation with an international and diverse team of ten people. We unify interdisciplinary backgrounds of software engineering, textile, design, business and sustainability.
Currently we are looking for the following people to join our diverse software team:
Senior Full Stack Lead Developer (d/f/m)
Full Time (80-100%) from now on Django / Python
You are a full stack developer looking for your next tech challenge? You would love to use your skills to fight climate change and build a more sustainable future? At circular.fashion, we develop IoT and software solutions to make the textiles industry a circular economy. We unify interdisciplinary backgrounds such as software engineering, textile, design, business and sustainability to achieve this goal, with a diverse team of people.
We are looking for a senior full stack developer to join our diverse software team.
Your role & tasks
- As senior full stack developer in our software team you will be working together with our product management, three more software developers and a UX/UI designer to further develop and scale our sustainable software solution. Your tasks will include:
- Maintenance of our databases and our very own data standard for product identification, which you can find published open source on GitHub
- Working on IoT software solutions to guide garments to the best 2nd hand or recyclingpurpose after use
- Integration of in-app payment solutions
- Support our junior developers to improve their programming skills
Why we think it’s amazing to join our organization
- Our team: You are surrounded by a passionate and highly motivated team. We would say it’s fun to work here
- Open Source: We love to create the biggest impact possible therefore we publish parts of our work open source
- AI: We collaborate with TU and FU Berlin to integrate machine learning approaches into our tools
- Self-development: We provide you with the possibility to take responsibility and for widespread learnings
- Interdisciplinary: We are open for everyone in the team to bring in skills and interests beyond their main role, since we are convinced that interdisciplinary exchange brings out the best solutions
- Participation: We invite you to join team discussions on our strategy and contribute to shape our company journey
- Impact: By further developing our software tools you are helping fashion companies from startup size up to some of the largest global fashion players such as HUGO BOSS and H&M to realize their transition towards a sustainable and circular business model
- Future: Together we shape the future of how we produce and consume, and realise a positive vision for this world
Skills we appreciate and would help you do great work in your role
- You are experienced in Python and Django and ideally JS frameworks
- You like to understand the big picture equally as digging into detail and producing beautiful code.
- You are open to learn relevant matters of the textile and recycling industry in order to understand its complex challenges and solutions
- You are experienced in developing concepts for software architecture and preferably have experiences with building APIs to software systems
- If you are interested in topics of data security and open source this is highly appreciated
- You like to take responsibility and initiative where you see you can contribute great input
- You are self-organized and used to structure your work according to the jointly developed strategy and milestones in efficient discussions and upfront planning with the team
- You will quickly find your way around in project teams and appreciate the interdisciplinary work
If you are curious about getting to know us please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with your salary expectations and the earliest date you could start. The position is free from now on.
Your circular.fashion team