Accounting / Controlling / Finance Officer (f/m/d) (Part time)
Berlin, Germany (hybrid)
circular.fashion - a sustainable tech startup developing solutions for a systemic change towards a circular economy.
circular.fashion unifies an international team of 15 people with interdisciplinary backgrounds of textile, design, software engineering, business and sustainability. You will have many opportunities for learning and creativity.
Closed loop recycling in the textile industry is new and going through massive growth. It will have a huge positive impact.
Having been in the space for several years, many of the things we do in-house also influence EU-wide and global policies and standards.
circular.fashion creates a Circular Design Software, a digital platform for circular design and closed-loop recycling, and renders consultancy and workshops to enable fashion brands to incorporate circularity into the core of their business. We provide industry knowledge and methods that help brands transitioning towards circular practices.
We also collaborate with universities in developing cutting edge technologies for the circular economy where we are developing a garment classification system via computer vision and material analysis spectroscopy for textile sorters.
Your role & tasks
As an Accounting/Finance/Administration Officer you will work at a crucial position in the circular.fashion team and closely cooperate with our founders. This role contains a good mix of various tasks.
Your tasks will inlcude:
- Accounting of accounts payable and receivable / payments
- Accounting in collaboration with tax advisor office
- Financial reporting of publicly funded projects
- Preparation of financial forecast and planning (including cash flow)
- Continuous improvement of financial processes and used tools
- Support of office management when needed
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position and and an analytical mind with a high sense of responsibility
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, proficient in cloud based platforms
- Commitment to supporting circular.fashion’s mission
- Language skills in both German (ideally native speaker) and English (B1 minimum)
- Dedicated & focused team player
This position will be open from February 2024.
Compensation is defined by a fully transparent growth and reward framework that our team designed collaboratively and is calculated by a formula that depends on a combination of experience, level of responsibility, and tenure at circular. fashion. We are looking for a candidate who is available for 20-30 hours per week (negotiable) and can work remotely.
We pay extraordinary attention to our employees ́ well-being and work-life balance and offer a great variability in regard to location, time off and flexible work arrangements. In addition, we offer an unlimited work contract.
Our team: You are surrounded by a highly motivated, collaborative and solutions-focused team. Some work mainly remotely, some use our office at BIKINI Berlin (Berlin Charlottenburg) regularly.
Self-development: We're a small but growing interdisciplinary team - we all wear many hats. There are plenty of opportunities for you to try on new responsibilities and there are loads of learning opportunities.
Interdisciplinary collaboration: We are open for everyone on the team to bring in skills and interests beyond their main role since we are convinced that interdisciplinary exchange brings out the best solutions.
We are looking forward to receiving your application at email@example.com
Please enclose answers to the following questions:
- What motivates you to work for circular. fashion?
- Would you prefer working remotely or in Berlin?
- What are your salary expectations and when could you start?
- (optional) A link to anything you might want us to know about you!